Skip to main content

Friday Night Free for All

It's Friday 25 July, 2008. A bit obvious really, unless you googled naked news and ended up here by accident. That, believe it or not, was the most popular search that found new visitors.

Unfortunately for those people, the news we have is naked in content, exposed! as it were; not naked in presentation. Still, some enterprising blogger is bound to think up the novel and witty idea of placing a nubile wench, sexy siren, or amazonian girl rugby player (also a popular search) on every post, a la naked news.

Not surprisingly, many search attempts to find flesh are executed with appalling spelling. "Girls playing with there selves" is agonizingly common. What boobs, eh?

BTW, This post brought to you by the fantasy art of Luis Royo.

This months most popular search is "kiwi rail". That's quite impressive. Maybe its always been a popular search, but NZ conservative hadn't mentioned much in the rail area until the sale and re-branding of recent.

People use search engines to find all sorts of things. There are some people using search engines to find what people are searching on. They then try to determine how that mirrors society. Forget the term at the moment, and I'm writing this in a distracted rush. Anyway, populism and the law of medians will only reveal a below average picture of what is really happening out there. Based on my Google Search analytics for this blog, I'm sure the answer would be scary. Or depressing. Or both.

Why the rush on a Friday? A day (or evening at least) for kicking back and cruising into the weekend? Well, my weekend started Thursday this week, and I'm in a hotel somewhere tapping out a timed delayed post for later today before I lose my internet connection. Hopefully, sometime tonight I'll be back within wireless range of civilisation and can find out anyones recommendations for dinner and check how many illicit words finds this post.

For the regulars who visit here, and don't come across this post in their quest for a different sort of self-discovery, good evening all.

Comments

  1. Good afternoon Zen.
    Good afternoon everyone.
    It is an early start.
    I cannot even say what I had for tea.
    But it was fish and chips for lunch washed down with kilkenny.
    I'm in Kumeu at the moment and it is very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Friday Evening, oops that's a religious copyright, isn't it. :-)

    I wonder if ratzy has seen this and if he enjoyed it as much as I did.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9sJVJMiYM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening folks--very quiet here, the wind's finally backed off somewhat.
    And I'm sick of painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to lose the plot again this weekend fugley?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening all, waiting for the storm up here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You still awake BB?
    And how are you?
    I have just posted Friday Frolics.
    I have clips from a UK satirical show called Head Cases.
    They do a lovely Gordon Brown.
    Talking of which, what's happened to Clunking Fist?
    Anyone else out there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free for All?

    With that babe... er warrior queen with those sharp looking contraptions were around, i'd be doing exactly as she commanded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evening all. I started off in Auckland this morning (which is less common for those that don't live there, like myself) and spent most of the day getting to, and getting lost in Hamilton.

    I swear, it's the Bermuda triangle of New Zealand. I'd see a place I'd want to stop at (on the other side of the road) and find myself in a "must turn left lane" that then headed at a 90 degree angle immediately away from the original target. Over the river I would go and couldn't get back to the other side - the turnoffs just kept moving. How they manage that, I have no idea, but I did come across a B52 bomber, 6 galleons from a Spanish Armada and 2 of those Japanese Banzai planes from the Battle of Midway.

    Later, wanted to visit Hamilton Zoo (very nice place, BTW. Small but interesting and reasonable spaces for most of the animals)

    So, getting to the zoo and here's a sign "Turn Left 100m". 30m later, we sail past the turnoff, and can't turn around for half a kay. Seems the road works guys went and built a new improved turnoff, and haven't updated the signage.

    It was like that all day. Not complaining though, saw a lot of Hamilton. Seemed very nice. Hello Hamilton viewers - yes, it was me in the metallic Blue Ford XR6.

    Speaking of which - rented this new Ford v8 XR6 something or rather, and had a flat tire on it. Changed the tire, and as I finished, noticed this *warning* imprinted on the tire saying you needed NCEA level 100 and two degrees to change a tire or risk some assembly explosion. What's that all about? Things get improved so much, you are suddenly not supposed to touch them or one voids all warranty.

    Luckily, it was a rental, and they can take a lot more punishment and waaranty abuse than any other type of car, save perhaps the company car.

    Anyway, this was only going to be a short comment. Count it as four short comments, because the only wireless hotspot I found was 50m from my room. I'm going back to watch Sky.

    So, evening to you all - looks like every-one is having a quiet one anyway. Probably be back sometime late Sunday. Off to explore New Plymouth area for a day and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  9. still up, had a good week thanks FFM. Just waiting for a letter from whangerai base to tell me when they are going to admit me for the "hard reboot"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Surely you aren't referring to those same arrythmical pulsations of a while back, BB??
    If so that is pretty protracted & potentially debilitating stuff ... the sort of stuff that creates 'dribblers.'
    If so, I trust the signs are good and the sine returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unfortunately yes Mojo. They have me on hi dose betaloc, pills to reduce blood pressure (which was not high but apparently it helps the betaloc work) and 11 warfarin pills per day.
    I have been feeling like shit for weeks but they wont do the cardio inversion till my blood is very thin.
    This has come as an almost crippling shock to me. I have normal blood pressure and cholestorol am only just overweight for my age and height and other than smoking take pretty good care of myself. The doc reckons my heart is healthy.. Just the top two chambers are singing out of tune.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry to hear that. There are five people living in close proximity to myself (referred to as the 'chemical belt' by a mate Dr.) with the same problem.
    Despite Wardell's optimism it means you are in to the realms of medical guesswork, where mortality rates from the meds often exceed natural attrition ... indeed all a little frightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.