Skip to main content

Blackouts Already?

black We in the Counties area lost power for some 10 minutes tonight. Did a car hit a power pole? That was my first thought, being that it's rather wet and nasty and cold out there. So, torch in hand, I called our local power supplier. What's happening, I ask? He tells me that he's been ordered from higher-up to shed power. He doesn't really know when it will be on again or why it's happening (but he does mention the 'G' word - government):  just that they have to 'shed power' in our area (ie, to cut power to our area).

I don't know what happened either, but I'm glad I have power back on the coldest night of the year so far.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a good reason to not turn off the gas fireplace. It doesn't need electricity to keep burning, though I do need to turn it to the lowest setting if there is no power (no fan active).

    There was a power failure near Wellington as well with power cut to the traffic lines in Parameta. It seems to have affected the trains as well (hubby was more than an hour late home tonight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they turned it off to satisfy the need of some stupid greenie to feel good? Wouldn't put it past them to be blind to the coldest night so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.