Skip to main content

Shock Troops in the Culture Wars

There's me slinging that word culture about again. But the title isn't mine. The author in my link has noted that big familes are under fire.

Mums and Dads to families of many children are suffering slings and arrows over their lack of "family planning". Was Hamlet really considering contraception when he uttered "To be, or not to be"? Was Romeo only in trouble because Juliet was? The quality of mercy is rather strained when some people discuss large families. China and the Greens explain it as minimising the carbon footprint. Others declare "how selfish". Rather than bore you with a soliloquy, I'll let Patrick Meagher detail his experience of daring to exceed the 2.1 limit.

Can I mention "the end of civilisation as we know it" now? Technically, with family sizes averaging below replacement rates, I might just get away with it.

Shock Troops in the Culture Wars

Comments