Skip to main content

Electrolux Vacuum Broken and Useless

A couple of years ago we thought we'd replace our old battered 17 year old Phillips vacuum cleaner with a new Electrolux. Now, just over 2 years later, the "floor tool" broke at what looks like it's weakest point. I've already put up with the thingy that comes down to pick up dust and fur breaking last year, but now the entire thing is useless. So, after a bit of ringing around, some one has finally got back to me on how much it will cost me to buy a new floor tool - one hundred dollars!

That much to get a new floor tool that will probably only last only two years! That's one fifth of the whole cost of the original purchase price of the vacuum cleaner! I'm just flabbergasted. If they didn't make their stupid floor tool so weak that it breaks after two years, then I wouldn't have to try and replace it.

I'm never buying Electrolux again.

Comments

  1. Looks like your vacuum is sucking up money.

    I too was driven to madness recently: the little button that unlocks my car door remotely is broken. My car dealer wants over $500 for two new keyless entry thingees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it is cheaper to buy a crappy vaccuum from the supermarket or warehouse, get three or four years out of it and then junk it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sort of money will buy a commercial machine, such as a Kerrick.

    This will give you FAR better service!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please be respectful. Foul language and personal attacks may get your comment deleted without warning. Contact us if your comment doesn't appear - the spam filter may have grabbed it.